Thursday, June 24, 2010

Why is it that everytime I wear ANY eye makeup, it makes a huge black smear under my eyes?

People always make fun of me for it. I tried using pencil eyeliner, mascara, gel eyeliner, liquid eyeliner. Is it because of the way my eyes are shaped? Or am I buying crappy brands? I don't want to just quit wearing them.Why is it that everytime I wear ANY eye makeup, it makes a huge black smear under my eyes?
Like everyone has said, use waterproof eyeliner/mascara. And the brand itself could make a huge difference. The cheap drugstore kind can smear easily and does not have long lasting staying power. I've tried everything (because I have had the same problems before) but I started using Lancome's waterproof eyeliner and mascara and I have not had a smudge yet!





I actually cried with my eye makeup on, and it STILL did not smear! I thought I'd look horrible with mascara streaks on my face, but nope...it was still in place!!! That's when I was convinced that buying good quality makeup was worth every penny.





Also, if you have oily skin, that could be a problem. What I do is when I want to put eyeliner on the bottom part of my eye, I use a black eyeshadow (using a very thin brush, of course). You can use that eyeshadow over the eyeliner, or just have the eyeshadow, itself, serve as your eyeliner.





Hope this helped! Good luck! Stay beautiful!





JWhy is it that everytime I wear ANY eye makeup, it makes a huge black smear under my eyes?
same here. go waterproof...its works lots. maybeline, covergirl are very cheap i bet thats wat you use. they are nice tho for a good price
ok, first make sure that all your pencils are sharp because a bunt one will smudge and just put on a thin line. If that doesn't work then i would use natural collection eyeliners. They are really naturally and don't smudge!
Try putting powder where you usually end up with the smudge marks before and after you apply the eyeliner. It works for me.
Either your foundation or skin is too oily, or you need to buy some waterproof eye makeup.
Cheap makeup, that will do it every time....
Maybe you put on too much. Try using a little less and see if that helps. Waterproof make up may help too.
your skin absorbes the makeup therefor causing dark spots under your eyes. it doesnt matter what brand you get, it just a natural thing that your skin does.
It has a lot to do with brand, a better one will probably not do it or try lighter applications on your bottom lashes.
Are you using waterproof products? You could also try putting some foundation around your eyes before applying the makeup, then use some powder to set the area.
all those depend on your eye color. hazel eyes always look best with minimal black eyeliner just on the lid. other eye colors would look best with any color eyeliner and just do it on the top. if u put it on the bottom, you get the smudges. i think it looks weird too.
Try waterproof eye liner. Revlon Colorstay is cheap %26amp; good.


use powder shadow on bottom eyelash instead of eyeliner instead of mascara, it smudges less.





Before applying any eye make-up , put some concealer on whole eye area %26amp; blend . pat with loose powder on the whole eye area and apply more loose powder on the undereye area. The loose powder will catch excess eye shadow/or mascara flakes and you can brush off the excess later.
Here are three ideas of making your undereye makeup less apparent or smudged.





Try using less:


Mascara smudges really easily so try not wearing any mascara on your bottom lashes and if you absolutely have to wear eyeliner beneath your eyes, use less. Play up your eyelids and upper lashes instead.





Change Makeup:


Using liquid liner can help reduce the problem. Although it can be a little more difficult to put on, once it dries it will not smudge like some pencil liners will. Also, water proof mascara might be worth a try even though it's more difficult to wash off at the end of the day.





Brighten your under eyes:


If you want to keep doing your makeup how you do, try taking a drop of liquid concealer and rubbing it beneath your eyes along the bottom eyelid just beneath your line of eyeliner. This will make under your eyes more bright and get rid of any smudges you may have made while applying makeup.





Hope those help!! Good Luck :)
do you cry a lot?
Hi try putting either a little vaseline under your eyes then wipe off vaseline along with the smudges.


Or Dab the smudges with a cotton tip (cotton bud)





Or failing that put eye liner or mascara on first before the eye shadow.





I also have issues with smudging my eye liner, as I use a liquid eye liner. I now do the top lids first then do the lower lids last, I line underneath the bottom lid then do not move for approx 30 seconds to a minute while it dries. The patience has paid off ...........no more smudges!





Good luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks