Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Should I wear contact lenses first before applying eye makeup? Or is it the other way around?

I am myopic, so I don't have any problems looking at myself at the mirror without lenses. But I'm not quite sure if it's best to apply the eye makeup (eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara) before wearing my contacts? Or should I wear my contacts first?





Won't the motion of the brushes and so on dislodge or move the contacts on my eyeballs??





BTW. I use to wear eyeglasses.Should I wear contact lenses first before applying eye makeup? Or is it the other way around?
its easier to put the contacts in first and then put your eye makeup on because it doesn't smear and it just workes easier Should I wear contact lenses first before applying eye makeup? Or is it the other way around?
I've been wearing contacts for about 3 years now, and been wearing makeup for about the same time. My eye doctor specifically told me to put contacts in before applying makeup, not only because it's easier, but because if any of the dust or such from the makeup were to slip unnoticed into my eye, and then I were to put my contact in over them than it would be trapped against my eye all day and eventually would lead to irritation.
It's recommended that you put your lenses in before applying makeup, and that you take your makeup off before removing lenses.





The motion of the brushes, etc, should not move the contacts. Just don't press super hard and you should be just fine. I've been wearing contacts since I was 14, so I have lots of experience with putting on eyeliner with my contacts in and I've never had a problem.





If you want a few tips on do's and don'ts for contacts, here is a link:


http://www.coastalcontacts.com/faq.ep#me鈥?/a>



i am myopic too :).


i put my contacts on and then do my makeup.


it's just easier.


that way you don't mess your makeup up when you're trying to put the contacts on after.


plus sometimes you can get makeup on your contacts and that would not be good.





and no the motion of the brushes won't dislodge the contacts. the brushes should not be that close to your eyes to begin with :).


just keep your eyes wide open.


it might take some practice.
i wear colored contacts and i put them in before applying my makeup. it's because incase my eyes water, it won't scrw up my eyemakeup. you shouldn't be very rough around your eyes anyway so you shouldn't irritate your contacts while applying makeup.
It's definitely safer to put the lenses in first and then apply your makeup. That way you don't get mascara on the lenses and then into your eyes.
it would be much easier to put the contacts in and then put all your make up on otherwise if you do everything the other way around you are gonna struggle alot and its gonna be messy
  • skin lyrics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    systemworks